2.09.2009

Dinner at Good Stuff Eatery

So I spent Saturday down in our nation's capital. My friend suggested eating at the Hard Rock Cafe. I politely suggested that we somewhere where the food was a smidge more healthy. I did some research and came up with Good Stuff Eatery, which I was fairly certain would meet my friend's approval. And it did.

After closing down the American History museum, we walked down to 351 SE Pennsylvania Ave. It was around 6:15 or so in the evening and I was expecting a bit of a line. Suprisingly, there were only five people in front of us. Good Stuff is a quick service kinda joint (it is often compared to Five Guys). You step up to the counter, place your order, get your drink and wait for your food. You get a buzzer to let you know when your order is ready. There's not much eating space available downstairs, so you have to head upstairs to find a table to sit down at.

Soon enough, my buzzer went off and I snagged my dinner. We headed upstairs and found someplace to sit down. Here's what I got:



What you see is the Farmhouse Bacon Cheeseburger, with a side of Village Fries and a Boylan's Ginger Ale (no HCFS). The burger was good. Better than Five Guys. It helped big time that it appeared to have been served on a Martin's potato roll. The fries were pretty decent. The Village Fries were your average fry tossed with rosemary, garlic and some other herb. Very tasty. They had a couple different types of mayo if you were interested in dipping your fries. And Boylan's makes some good soda made with sugar cane. The bill was a little on the expensive side (roughly $11.00), but I'd go back in a second and just grab a burger and some water.

They also serve some pretty good milkshakes. My friend got their signature shake, the Toasted Marshmallow. It was good. Tasted just like a marshmallow slightly charred over the campfire.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home