2.18.2009

Two opera posts in less than six months!

As you may recall, my first trip to the opera occurred this past fall when I went to go see "La Boheme" (recap here). While flipping through tv stations tonight, what should I come upon, but the very same "La Boheme" being performed at the Met! But it gets better!

They are actually close-captioning the opera with English sub-titles! So now I actually know what people are saying!! Turns out that this opera had more comedy in it then I was led to believe. You miss so much when you don't speak Italian...

So watching this on the telly made me realize that the Center Stage Opera has another production coming up. So I'd like to take the opportunity to plug "Don Giovanni" which will be performed next month. Details here. Hopefully, I'll be at one of the Camp Hill performances.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home