2.24.2009

Fat Tuesday

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent.

I like to do something for Lent, which usually consists of giving up something that I enjoy as a form of sacrifice. I've decided to forego sweets until Easter. This pretty much means no cookies or other desserts. It also includes sweet tea.

A lot of folks don't put a lot of stock into making Lent a participatory season. Over the last several years, I have found that participating makes me more aware of Christ's sacrifice. I have a Lenten devotional that I picked up several years ago at a local church that I use to help focus myself.

Will you be doing anything for Lent? If not, please at least devote some time to examining your heart as we approach the crucifixtion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home