7.12.2009

From the garden to my stomach

As some of you know, I'm part of a community garden at my church. I went out on Thursday and picked a couple pounds worth of green beans. I was looking for some ideas on how to prepare them, so I called my culinary sibling. She suggested sauteeing the green beans in butter. I decided to add some garlic.


It turned out really good. Except for the big light-colored bean in the foreground (it needed some more cooking time). The beans were cooked really well and the garlic and butter added a nice accent. I'll be fixing this again later this week!

Labels:

1 Comments:

On 12.7.09, Blogger Annie declared...

Olive oil instead of butter with garlic is also yummy.

I'm also a fan of a Chinese recipe I made. Let me see if I remember it- brown some garlic in olive oil, maybe with some sesame oil for flavor. Add ginger and soy sauce. They were amazing.

I've been loving the fresh fruit here. Locally grown pineapple delivered to our door. Ummmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home