7.14.2009

The Great Unseen

As many of you know, I'm currently training to run a half-marathon in the fall.  While I'm not yet taking much joy in dragging myself out of bed every morning, I do find joy in my run.  You see, my runs take me down a rural road that at some points opens up for miles and I can see several miles to the mountains.  The sky is turning pink as the sun prepares to rise over the mountains.

I love this view.  I love it so much, that I actually took my camera out with me on a run last week to try to capture it and share it with you.  I actually tried to take some video too.  However, it turned out to be too dark for me to really capture the beauty of the moment.  So all I can do is describe it for you.

And that somehow got me to thinking about things that we can't see - namely the future (I've been doing a lot of metaphorical thinking lately).  We all have ideas on what our future will look like, but we don't really know.  Many of us have the assurance that heaven awaits, but we're unsure of the meantime.  We have our grand ideas, hopes and dreams, but they're not concrete.  But we can describe it.  Let me try to see if I can describe to you my future.

It will be a future built on faith.  I firmly believe that "greater things are yet to come."  So much so, that my personal motto is "The best is yet to come!"  You can feel free to use that quote, but make sure your use the exclamation point.  But I know that just because the best is yet to come, it doesn't mean that there won't be some hard times on the way.  In fact, the Bible says that we can count on them. 

This past winter was a little hard for me.  But it was made easier when I learned to lean on everlasting arms.  Foremost in my mind was the fact that God would see me through, no matter what.  And He has, and He will continue to.

I hope that as you think about the future, you don't focus on how good or bad it will be, but that you'll focus on Who will bring you through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home