1.08.2010

I even wrote him a letter...

Jim Zorn has been fired as the head coach of the Washington Redskins. This makes me sad. Because I liked the Z-Man. A lot. A man of faith, he wore his faith on his sleeve. Week in and week out, he was cool, calm and collected. Even while the losses continued to mount, he kept a level head. He was nothing but poised and truthful in his dealings with the media. Sure, he was unpolished and couldn't get the team's colors straight when he was hired, but he was a good guy.

The week before his last game as head coach, I wrote him a letter. I hadn't written a letter to anybody involved in professional sports since I asked Terry Porter to autograph a basketball card for me many, many years ago. But I wrote Coach Zorn a letter, thanking him for staying "medium" and for walking the walk. I told him that I prayed for him and that I hoped the best for him.

I've become a fan of the Z-Man and I'll be rooting for him in his future endeavors.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home