8.18.2011

in this life

So hello there!

I'm sitting in the local Chick-fil-A typing this post listening to the harsh sounds of a conversation between an adult woman and her elderly mother. It's rough. I'm considering moving to a new table.

Life's been busy. Since I posted last, I've visited a few different cities including New Orleans. And I've dreamed of visiting a few cities (Paris, Rome, Provo).

Over the weekend I was given tickets to see a preseason NFL game in a suite. It was suite! Had a good time.

I am moving to a new table. This is painful.

I've started training to run another half-marathon. This time it's the Octoberun in Redwood City, CA. And to triple the fun, I'm running with two of my co-workers!! This week I started my training in earnest and the early morning runs are killing me. Waking up at 5:00am is not my idea of fun. But on the flip-side, I feel like a million bucks when I've finished!

It's interesting how these entries have transitioned into life updates. Gone are the days of my deep expositions into life. I keep thinking I should do a podcast. Or a webcast. I recently purchased a flip video camera, so the latter is definitely an option.

The Forgotten Voices 5k is September 17th. You should run it. I'm hoping to be there. It will be a good time. For sure.

I miss Juice and Java. I can't get a good smoothie down here to save my life.

Somebody asked me today if I could ever see myself living in Wisconsin two or three years down the road. Wisconsin! I said yes. Don't tell my parents.

I had a great visit with one of my old roommates from the college years. I took him and his wife out to the country for some good ol' fashioned bbq. And tea so sweet it made your teeth hurt. Good times.

Be a blessing. Stay in school. Drugs don't pay. Love somebody.

2 Comments:

On 21.8.11, Blogger Annie declared...

I was thinking something today, I don´t even remember what, but whatever it was it made me think of you, which made me realize you hadn't posted anything in AGES, so I´m glad to hear life is good and way to go on the half marathon training. That´s awesome.

 
On 26.8.11, Blogger laura declared...

I actually am going to be putting training on hold for the week while I'm in Peru. The first two days we're there we'll need to take it easy and acclimate, and then we leave on our 4-day hike to Machu Picchu. Once we get back, we'll be traveling to/around Lima and there won't be time to fit one in (aside from the fact that it's not really safe).

If I were going on a vacation with a little more of a leisurely schedule and I knew it was safe, I'd definitely go, but I'm gonna have to bag it this time around. Luckily my legs and lungs will stay somewhat conditioned with the hiking and the altitude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home