4.17.2011

My life since my last post

Well, I finished my run. I ran the 10K in 1:15:03. That's three seconds slower than my goal. But I don't blame myself. And I'm happy that I was able to finish, despite the fact that my training for this race was terrible. My God is a gracious God!!

This past weekend, my good pal and I headed up to NYC for a quick weekend trip. We saw lots of stuff and made our first respective trips to Little Italy. There are some good eats to be had there!

We also hit up the Upper East Side, where art lives. And people with money. Also, this dog. He's an UES Dog. I think his name is Richard.


We saw a lot of stuff in the short time we were in the city, but it didn't feel like we were running all over the place. That's one of the biggest mistakes you can make when traveling to a new place - trying to see everything before you live is a recipe for disaster. You've got to learn to soak in your surroundings. Sit for a spell. Watch the people around you. Drink the super-rich and delicious hot chocolate from the tiny place on Madison Avenue.

Also, get off the beaten path. Explore side streets. Did you know there are actually parts of Manhattan when you can hear birds (who aren't pigeons) sing? It's true. You just have to look for them.

Labels:

2 Comments:

On 20.4.11, Blogger Annie declared...

good work on the race!

I agree with the not rushing part of traveling. Ad exploring surprising back alleys. Sometimes those are more fun than the usual tourist destinations.

 
On 28.4.11, Blogger laura declared...

Glad you had a nice time in NYC! I feel like this city is especially great when you get a chance to explore and take your time, so it's good that you got to do that. And congrats on your race!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home