10.17.2011

two days, two posts, and an apple

I was reading this morning about Steve Jobs. If you saw my tweet today, you have an idea where this is going.

According to what I read in Businessweek, Steve was not a very nice man. Brilliant, but not nice. He did not treat people well. He was laser-focused on whatever product was on the drawing board, and seemingly did little to nurture those people around him.

Now, what I've read may all be patently false, but I think there's a lesson in it. You can be the most brilliant man on the planet, but if don't have love? Clang, clang.

Perhaps it's the perspective that I'm coming from. Love changes people lives. Love has the power to make an impact more powerful than any piece of technology. You may disagree, but perhaps you just don't know love like I do.

On a side note, I'm not real pleased with the thought flow of this particular post, but I think it gets my point across. And I want to go to bed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

On 19.9.12, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

The greatest command in the bible is Love they neighbor, and in 1 Corinthians 13 it says "...but if I have not love I am a resounding gong or a claning cymbal"..."If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the fames, but have not love, I gain nothing"..."And now these three remain: faith hope and love and the greatest of these is love."
Now I am not saying Steve gave all the the poor, as we know he didn't, but mostly I feel sad that he didn't seem to love and therefore with all he had he really had nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home