7.05.2004

It's Monday, and I'm not workin!

Hi folks. Lot's shakin' in the central Pa area.

First of all, slots are comin' to the once-great commonwealth of pennsylvania. Good news apparently for property owners who will eventually see a reduction in property tax. But bad news for all those having a weakness for gambling. Not a big fan of gambling. I don't see a problem dropping a few coins in one of them one-armed bandits. My problem is people who camp out in front of a machine for hours. And then come back the following day. And then the following week. So that's how I feel about that.

I've started a new book. Before I give you the title, you better sit down. The title is Choosing God's Best, by Don Raunikar. It's a book that encourages courtship over dating. And seeing as I strike myself more as a courter than a dater, I thought it would be a good read. So far, so good. As I stumble across thoughtful insights, I'll be sure to throw them up here for you to read.

Went down to York last night to watch the fireworks with my fam. I think it was the first fireworks for my nieces. The traditional boom that comes with fireworks isn't kid-friendly, but thankfully the colors are.

Oh, and I got a new phone last week. My ringtone is currently "Meant to Live" by Switchfoot. Good stuff.

Until next time..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home