10.13.2004

The Meunchen Times

Vol. IV

Well, we've come to the last volume of the infamous Meunchen Times. As I write this entry, I write it from the safe confines of my apartment back here in the States.

My last day in Munich was busy. My flight left at 12:30 pm, but I had a bit of shopping that I wanted to do (three stops to be exact). So I had a 7:30 wake up call. Unfortunately, my plans were a bit sidetracked because the first store I wanted to stop at didn't open until 9:30 am. This actually ended up backing me up for the rest of the morning. I sprinted through the rest of the morning and managed to get through customs at noon, just fifteen minutes before they closed the gate for my flight. This meant that I was unable to do some last minute shopping in the airport itself, and I ended up being stuck with some unspent euros.

The flight lasted nine hours from Munich to Philly. In those nine hours, we watched three movies. We watched 13 going on 30, Spiderman 2, and The Terminal (which coincidentally is showing at Messiah this weekend). Also got to see an episode of Frasier. And wonder of wonders, the seat next to me was empty for the entire flight. So I had a little extra breathing room. And a little extra breathing room goes along way on a long trip.

I was blessed to have my Mom, Dad and Abigail waiting for me at the airport when I returned. They had a sign and everything. Cool.

So the trip is over. I had a great time. Would I do it again? You betcha. It was cool and I really enjoyed myself.

So there ya go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home