11.08.2004

My weekend in a nutshell

Friday night - Partied with the fam. Pizza, cake, and presents. Loot included a couple of cd's, some running pants, Turbo Cranium, some glass pyrex dishes, and some books. Good times with the fam.

Saturday night - Partied with my peeps. Chicken, rice, green beans, and cake. And a little musical merriment thrown in just for fun.

Sunday night - Partied with Jeremy Camp and some lady friends. Let me just say, that Jeremy Camp puts on a great show. He is fun to watch and he really has a heart for worship. There was a good sized crowd that came out to see him. I will definitely see him again if I have the chance. Not so much for Building 429 and I don't know what to think about Adam Watts.

One thing that I have realized is that I need to do better at giving things up to God. There's a song by Mr. Camp called Take My Life. Here are the lyrics:
Here I am before You now
Like a child I'm reaching out
Here I am I'm giving all I can
Breaking my pride I feel I'm through
Shattered inside I run to You
And now I give it all to You

Take my life, Take my mind
take my soul take my will
I am yours now, and I give it all to You

Laying all down before my King
Offering all my everthing
Laying all down before the one I serve
I can understand the reasons why
You came on this earth and died
And now I give it all to You

I can feel You on my shoulder
So I know that You are there
I can see You paint my picture
The beauty is all there


And the fact of the matter is that we as humans don't want to give up our stuff, much less our lives. We like it too much. I like it too much. But considering that everything that we have is a gift, we shouldn't be too attached to it. But I am. And I gots to work on that. So that's what I've been thinkin' about lately (among other things).

Tomorrow I'm going to post some emails that I've gotten from Michael Moore. I decided to sign up for his email list after the election. He certainly has some things to say.....

Oh, and I saw the Aurora Borealis last night. Too cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home