11.02.2004

Republicans are Red, Democrats are Blue

If you voted with scantron,
I comiserate with you.

Dang it! What's a fella gotta do to be able to vote somewhere where they let me go in a booth with a curtain and pull a bunch of levers? Scantron voting is so anti-climatic.

Yea, so I voted this morning. Everybody was talking about the big crowds and how they had to wait in long lines to vote. When I arrived at 7:30 this morning, there were five people in front of me in line. I waited all of five minutes (if that) and performed my civic duty. On the way out of the polling location, I received a cool sticker that said "I Voted." It was a sticker that would make my coworkers jealous.

As I type this currently, Mr. B has 196 electoral votes, and Mr. K has 112 votes. Oooooh, you can cut the tension with a knife. I'm not going to stay up tonight to watch all the gory details. I'll catch it in the morning.

I made some comments last week about Senator Arlen Specter last week that I would like to add to. The media interviewed the good senator after he voted today and asked him "What are your predictions for the presidential race?" Specter responded, and I quote "It's too close to call." Excuse me? You've been holding on to the President's hand throughout this entire race, and you don't even have the decency to say that Bush would win it? You sir, need to change your party affiliation NOW. Oi. And to think I used to work in his office.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home