1.19.2005

Bad Giant

Okay. So I went grocery shopping with my sister on Monday night (for clarity, she was the one shopping, and I just came along to help). "Simply Orange" orange juice was on sale at Giant, three for $5.00, so she wanted to get some. But alas, there was a big empty space in the dairy section where the Simply Orange should have been. So I say to my sister, no problem, I was going to stop by Giant before work on Tuesday morning, so when I stop by again, I'll get the juice after it's been restocked overnight (i think that was a run-on sentence). Tuesday morning, a little before 7:30 am, I am again in the dairy section and again, I find myself staring at the same big empty space that was there last night. Which was odd. So I thought to myself, "okay, over lunch today I'll go pick up some juice at the Giant in Middletown." Went to the Giant in Middletown. Same big empty space. So now I'm thinking, what's up with this? After work, the Giant on Trindle Road. Same big empty space. Giant on Simpson Ferry in Mechanicsburg. Same big empty space. AND a sign that said that due to production issues, availability of Simply Orange would be greatly reduced. And they apologized for any inconvience. Okay Giant, if you knew that supply would be reduced, why didn't you pull the ad before Sunday? You had to have known because in theory, the juice was in your warehouse before it went out to the stores. So boo on you Giant. However, I suppose if you print your ads a week ahead of time, you may not have known for some reason. But still boo on you for not ensuring an extra supply of this delicious orange juice. Now my nieces will have to drink some other brand of orange juice. This is why I do 95% of my grocery shopping at Wal-mart (the remaining five consists of BJ's (2%), Weis (2%) and Giant (1%).

In other food related news, the former Chi-Chi's on Union Deposit Road is being renovated and will reopen later this year as a Ruby Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home