1.14.2005

Dollars, Euros, and Yen

I've blogged about money here before. About how I'm not rich monetarily, but I am rich in other ways (friends, family, i have a job, etc...). Well I was listening to a message that John Ortberg gave at his church this past Sunday, and he was talking about money. And he gave this great line: "ownership is a myth, stewardship is the reality." And I thought, wow, that is so true. How often do we build up treasures here on earth for our own good? And more directly for me, why do I pine and agonize about my ability NOT to be able to build up treasures here on earth?

I don't live comfortably, but I survive. But sometimes I don't feel like that's enough. I want to survive comfortably. But maybe that's not where God wants me at the moment. I know that God will bless me in this lifetime, but perhaps not with everything that I want. But I know that when I die, anything I had in this life will pale in comparison to my heavenly riches.

But in the meantime, I need to be a good steward of what I have been given.

Note: If there are any sugar-mama's out there, feel free to drop me a line =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home