1.07.2005

Show me the money!!

Okay. So I was thinkin'. If we're shellin' out all this cash for the tsunami relief effort, I had a thought. Why couldn't we have a fundraising effort for the people of Appalachia? These are some of the poorest, if not the poorest people in America, but they get no attention. Perhaps Appalachia needs an earthquake to get some relief. And if that's the case, that is sad. There is nothing wrong with helping out people in other countries, but people, don't forget about the people who live in this country, and sometimes even right down the street!!

I was also thinking to myself, how much would it cost to buy fresh groceries on a daily basis. Ya know, back in the day, we didn't have microwaves and freezers, so everything had to be fresh. So what's the number one preservative used in frozen and canned foods? Salt my friends, salt. The same salt which contributes to high blood pressure. I don't have high blood pressure, but we all could use less sodium in our diets. Hmmmmmm.... I think the fresh meat would probably be the back-breaker. I think being a butcher must have been good money back in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home