12.24.2004

Owww.

I went snowboarding this morning. Actually, in all truthfulness, I attempted to learn how to snowboard. My new friends at Ski Roundtop had this deal where you could learn how to snowboard before Christmas for only $19.00. It's a great deal because normally it can be like $50-60 to get the package that I had.

So I got put into a group of six. There was one person older than me in our class, and he was the father of two of the younger members in our group. First we learn terminology. Then we learn how to "skate" with our boards. It's kinda like walking, but you have one foot on the snowboard and one foot on the snow. Then we learned how to turn right and left. And then we got on the ski lift to go up to the top of the hill they call Drummer Boy. You would think a beginner hill would not require a chairlift to get to the top. Not here. Oi. My problems started getting off the lift. I got out of my seat okay, but I only travelled four feet or so before I fell. That's when I felt the first twinge in my left knee. It would also be the first of many falls.

What our instructor did was slowly get us down the slope by introducing us to different ways to board. Frontwards, backwards, then we learned how to turn, and the last big test was doing an "S" curve. I would not be exagerating if I said I fell more than ten times. I fell alot. And one time, I ended up flipping the board over when I fell and I believe I slightly twisted my right knee. And if I wasn't falling on my knees, I was falling and sliding on my behind. It took us around 70 minutes to get down the hill. It was rough.

Would I do it again? Maybe next year. I might do it this year, but it's too expensive, unless they got a deal goin' on. But I definitely showed signs of progress. And my knees definitely show signs of pain. Both of them. And my behind. It hurts too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home