12.16.2004

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...

Ya ever had one of those times where you discovered yourself trying too hard to fit in? Among people you already count as friends? Here's my story:

So a bunch of my friends are getting together this weekend to watch the extended edition of Return of the King. Nothing wrong with that, right? But I'm not a big fan of Lord of the Rings. But I still feel like I need to go. I almost feel like I need to be there just to keep up. But I'm trying to figure out, keep up with what? Is it because they're all doing something together, and all I was going to do was attend a brass Christmas concert? Maybe so. I have a yearning to spend quality time with people. But I can't exactly say that watching a video is quality time. So then what is it? Maybe it's just that I want to feel like I'm part of the gang. Of course I'm already part of the gang, but my attendance at this event would cement my membership. Right? Hmmm, I don't think I'm insecure, but I can't exactly figure out what. I'll be following this story over the weekend and will keep you updated.

It seems rather ironic, but my mom found an article about falling asleep at the wheel. Check out the Drowsy Driving website.

And one more item. Have you ever been given a card or gift and then asked to open said card/gift in front of the gift giver? I don't necessarily enjoy being the one receiving the card/gift. I feel like the giver is expecting me to have some sort of reaction to their card/gift. And if they don't get the reaction they are looking for, they may think that you don't appreciate their card/gift. Sometimes I feel like I have to "act" when I open the gift. I especially like to open cards when I'm out of the company of the giver. I can't say why, but I enjoy it more. Maybe cause I relish it more when there's no "pressure."

But that's just me..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home