12.14.2004

But baby, it's cold outside!

No insurance news to report this morning.

Saw a great quote this morning in the Washington Post. There was an article talking about parents who are concerned with teen drivers (specifically their own). Check out the quote by this girl's mother:
"My mom is flexible with me, and I have a car," she says. "But I wish she'd respect my judgment more about whether it's safe to ride with someone."

"Parents need to be parents and not noodles," her mother insists. "It's okay for families to have family rules that are more restrictive than the laws are. It doesn't matter if teens argue that 'everyone else can do it.' "

You hear that? Parents, not noodles. Great quote.

So I was out shopping last night for a Christmas present. I had seen a book at Borders which I thought would be perfect for someone on my list. So last night I went back to look at it. And I'm glad I did. While the cover looked cool, the contents of the book were not quite what I expected. I mean it was okay, but when you're buying something for someone else, you want to get all your money's worth, cuz ya certainly don't want to cheat them. So I decided not to get that book. As I was searching around the store, I found another book. I looked at the cover and said "This could be a winner." Well, by my estimation, I would say that a third of the book is good solid stuff. The other two-thirds.....well, let's just say that if I could rip out the latter two-thirds of the book and leave the rest, I might do it. But I still didn't buy the book. Still just not quite sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home