12.13.2004

The Governor's Residence

So yesterday I visited the house that Ed Rendell is currently living in. It's a very nice house. They even had a doorman who opened and closed the front door. It's a pretty cool house. They had one room that had this real cool mirror which was a half-sphere, which was neat to look at. They had a woodwind quartet playing in one room and then farther back, they had the Chancel Bell Choir from Camp Hill United Methodist Church playing in another room. This was the room where I first saw Governor Ed Rendell. He was listening to the bell concert with his two dogs next to him. You may or may not know, but Rendell is a big fan of trains. So they had a train set up in the adjoining room, along with a railroad-themed Christmas tree. And the governors dogs were wearing bandana's around their necks, just like real train conductors. I should also mention that they had some excellent hot chocolate. But the governor shouldn't get too comfortable, cuz Lynn Swann is going to run a corner route and beat him to the endzone in 2006 (for the record, I should state that I am currently endorsing Lynn Swann because of his football prowess and his announcing abilities).

This morning I talked to Chuck from Allstate Insurance Company. Allstate is the insurance company for the girl who sideswiped me Saturday night. He asked me some questions, and then he asked permission to tape the next segment of our conversation. So he asked me some more questions and asked me to describe what happen, as well as details of any conversation that I had had with the girl. It was all pretty much straight forward. So the next step will be for Chuck to contact the girl who hit me. He said if she coroborates my story, then they will cut me a check and we'll be on our way. The check amount will depend on what they estimate the damage to be when I visit the Allstate Collision center next Tuesday. And that's how things currently stand.

I would also like to congratulate my Washington Redskins for almost beating the Philadelphia Eagles. I'm getting more and more excited for next year. Sad, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home