12.21.2004

I heart insurance

Okay, here's your insurance update. I called my guy at Allstate yesterday to check to see if the other driver had corroborated my story. Guess what? He went on vacation last Thursday, and he's out all day this week. What's up with that? So now I'm stuck waiting for him to come back next week. Grrrr.

This morning I went to the Allstate Collision Center. While it sounds impressive, it's just a house sandwiched between El Rodeo and AAMCO on the Carlisle Pike. So the guy goes out and inspects my car. Asks me if I had already gotten any estimates (no). I wish I had gotten at least one estimate because I think that might have given me some additional leverage. Oh well, I know for next time (which, by the way, there will not be). So they've estimated the damage at $996.50, which should include repainting the driver's side doors, reparing a dent in the rear door, new molding for both doors and a new wheel cover for the left rear wheel. But he couldn't cut me a check, cause my claim was still open. See paragraph one for why that might be.

In other news, I went to Borders to do a little travel reading last night. Since it was so cold, I really enjoyed reading about Aruba. Your Aruba fun facts for the day include the fact that Aruba is 20 miles north of Venezuala, and that it is a Dutch territory of the Netherlands (as opposed to a dutch territory of Sweden).

And your quick quote of the day from my man C.S. Lewis:
Eros will have naked bodies; Friendship naked personalities.

So there you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home