1.01.2005

Can't stop the partyin'

So I was watching and readin' about the way the world had adjusted their new years eve celebrations to account for the Tsunami tragedy last week (you can read some of the stuff here). And I tried to find what the US did during it's celebrations. I couldn't find anything. What's up with that? If anyone knows of something that was done to remember the tragedy, please shoot me a link or somethin'.

Also on my mind. I'm currently watching the Fiesta Bowl, where Pittsburgh is playing the University of Utah. Both of the head coaches have already announced their intentions to leave their schools after the game. So here's what I'm wondering: Why do they want to leave? Urban Meyer has been at Utah for all of two years. And now he's already gone to coach the Florida Gators. Two freakin' years. How the heck are you supposed to build a recruiting base if you only stick around for two years? I suspect Mr. Meyer has a deep-seated yearning for success and he feels that moving to Florida might help him be successful. Which I suppose would imply that he hasn't already been successful. Hmmmm. I guess I really expect people, coaches in particular, to be loyal to their schools. I'm so naieve.
So how long will Urban be at Florida? I give him another two years.

And kudos to the Texas Longhorns, who turned out the lights on Michigan in the Rose Bowl. Hook 'em Horns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home