12.29.2004

Warning: Gas Tax Increase Ahead

Yes, that's right Pennsylvania residents. Starting Sunday, gas will cost at least four cents more per gallon. Sorry.

So I was thinkin' this morning. I was thinkin' that many times, being a friend is a thankless job. When you're in a friendship, people have certain expectations that "this" is just what a friend does. And they don't think anything more of it. I was thinking back to a friend who had gone on a mission trip who I had prayed for, and in fact told this person that I would be praying for them. I received a "thank you" when I mentioned that, but nothing after they returned from their trip.

It's funny, because at the time, I didn't even think about it. However, I have to admit that as of late, I've been thinking about the times when I don't get thanked. Lots of times it irks me, and I suppose that's fair. But then I stop to try and figure out why I need people's thanks. I suppose it boils down to a need to feel appreciated. The funny thing is, most of the time I believe people are thankful, so why do I need to hear it? I think that while I believe people are thankful, there's a small doubt in my mind that doesn't go away unless I get a verbal cue. Did this person like my Christmas gift? Did that person enjoy that card? Did they understand that I just complimented them? I may never know. So perhaps I need to be less concerned about other's appreciation and more concerned about where my heart and motives are at. While it's nice to be thanked, I don't do things to be thanked. I do it out of love.

And in restaurant news: In two weeks, there will be a Fisaga opening on the West Shore. The Fisaga Cafe will open in Camp Hill on Market Street on January 10.

1 Comments:

On 2.1.05, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

Thank you Steve for entertaining me with your blog.

MW

 

Post a Comment

<< Home