12.28.2004

Planet Weeble Wobble

So I found this article on Yahoo today. These scientists are making the claim that Sunday's earthquake caused the earth to wobble on it's axis. I'm skeptical. How can you even tell that the earth wobbled? The earth is really big. Really big. So how are we teeny-tiny humans supposed to know the earth weebled? I ain't buyin' it.

Also in earthquake news, the tidal waves reached Somalia, on the east coast of Africa. For perspective, that would be akin to waves from an earthquake off the new england coast, traveling all the way to the shores of Ireland. Some 3,000 miles. That's nuts.

File this under "Good news for me, bad news for my snow lovers." This weekend it's supposed to be in the 50's....and raining. Check last week's archives if you want to know the rain/snow equivalency. Sorry snow lovers. I do hope it snows sometime this winter, just as long as it's: not a lot, on the weekend, or when I'm out of town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home