1.08.2005

Taking offense

D'ya ever take offense to something that you shouldn't? I know I do. I think it's because I personalize a lot of stuff, and maybe some of that stuff shouldn't be personalized. But I end up continually processing it in my mind, looking at it from every conceivable angle, and I eventually over-analyze it. Maybe there's a valid reason why he didn't return my email. Maybe she didn't know I was waiting to talk to her when she left. Maybe he really wasn't talking about my hair. But those aren't the first conclusions that I come to.

And then when do you say to someone "hey, I was offended?" Some stuff seems so petty that I'm almost ashamed to mention it, for fear that people will see me as petty (which I would hope is not the case). I think I'm just sensitive, but sensitivity is not something that this world readily recognizes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home