1.24.2005

General musings

I'm currently reading Praise Habit: Finding God in Sushi and Sunsets, by David Crowder. It's a good book, and I would recommend it. But he suggested an idea in the book that I am hoping to take on later this year. His idea, is to go through the book of Psalms, and rewrite the Psalms in your own words. It helps you get a better idea of David's heart, as well as making the Psalms personal.

And while I'm talking about the Psalms, my next book is A Heart Like His: Intimate reflections on the life of David, by Beth Moore. This could be the year of the Psalm for me. We shall see.

If anybody watched any of the AFC playoff games over the past few weeks, you saw the promo for the CBS show "NUMB3RS." I decided to watch it last night and I thought it was pretty good. The head elf from The Santa Clause is in it along with the guy from Northern Exposure, and the girl who played the producer on Sports Night (except I think her hair was a lighter brown then). I might watch it again, if I happen to be home at ten o'clock on Friday night. That's a bad night for tv. The one person I know who watches Friday night shows actually tapes them and watches them later. They should just show movies on Friday nights. But people get paid big money in the programming department to determine that Friday night was the best night for this show. Who wants to bet it gets a new timeslot if it returns next fall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home