1.22.2005

Snowy Saturday

It snowed today. I figured about six inches, although the numbers seemed to vary greatly around the midstate. Ironically enough, the first big snow of the season came under all the conditions that I required. It came on a weekend, and I didn't have to be anywhere. So with the exception of a grocery run to Wal-Mart, I stayed home all day.

I was watching the Washington Wizards play the Indiana Pacers tonight and I realized that Steve Blake, Laron Profit, and Juan Dixon were all on the Wizards roster. All of them are graduates of the University of Maryland. And that's how it should be. I think the NBA should make a rule that states a certain percentage of a team's players come from colleges within maybe a 200-mile radius of that team's city.

I heard a great compliment over the weekend. Somebody called their friend "precious cargo" and those around her were admonished to take care of her. And I said to myself these things: 1) Wow, I've never heard that before, and 2) Wow, that's also really cool.

Last night some friends and I went to see an improv group going by the name of Mission Improvable, who were performing at Lebanon Valley College. I enjoyed myself early on, but as the night progressed, it appeared these guys were opening for Robin Williams. Bad things man.... And it didn't help that the students were offering lots of vulgar suggestions. I know, I know...what did I expect from college students...

And while I'm talking about comedy, I would like to say that I think it takes a lot more effort to do clean comedy, then to do crappy comedy (both literally and figuratively). I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I've seen clean improv stuff and it was very funny. So it can be done. But why be risky, when you can get the guaranteed laughs with the toilet and sex humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home