3.05.2005

First star on the right and straight on til morning.

Here is your review of Oscar-nominated Finding Neverland. For those of you not in the know, Neverland is the story of J.M. Barrie and how he came to write one of the more popular children's stories of the past century. Mr. Barrie wrote Peter Pan, one of my favorite stories.

I enjoyed this movie. What was especially exciting, was that Johnny Depp was actually playing a normal person in this movie. No Jack Sparrow, no Edward Scissorhands. Just Jack. And I rather enjoyed his performance. Also, it's worth mentioning that I thought the children did a fine job in this film. One of them you will actually see again in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, being released later on this year. Besides Depp's performance, I also enjoyed what they did cinematicaly (is that a word?). While Depp was interacting with the children, they would actually enter the fantasy world they were pretending to be in. And it was cool they way they did it. And if you're familiar with the story of Peter Pan, you will definitely recognize some of the make believe scenes that they create.

I'm going to give this movie a "9." It would have gotten a ten if it had emotionally-moved me, but it didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home