6.23.2005

Rice cakes and grilled steaks

If all goes well, one year from now, some friends and I will get on one of those big metal birds, and wing our way east to Germany. Chances are, if you are reading this, you know what's going in Germany next summer. If not, catch up here.

The key phrase here was the first four words "If All Goes Well." Things haven't gone so well thus far and it's made planning something like this very difficult. But not impossible. And I will continue my planning. You see, I've made a commitment to this trip and I've had other folks line up to go as well. So I'm compelled to make this thing happen. Even if it means going without tickets in-hand. Yikes! That's scary. But notsomuch if you approach it as a German vacation with the possibility of a soccer match. We can do that, ja?

This weekend, I am moving home. To my parents' house. I'm making a liar out of myself. I publicly stated that I would never live at home again. And that's not really true anymore. I am a little old to be moving home. Not really old, but a little old. I've had good runs living on my own, but I seem to have done better when I've had a roommate. In the past eight years, roughly half of those were spent with a roommate, and half without. And I much preferred the former. Don't get me wrong, I love my personal time. But I also know that it's nice to have another person around. Even if we're not actively engaged in coversation. But I digress. I'm going home. I love my parents a lot and I'm grateful that they're willing to take their son in...again. And I hope that for the short time I'm staying with them, I can be a blessing to them. Cause God knows, they've blessed me a bunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home