6.20.2005

Go Spurs Go!

First, a big shout-out to my man Stubbs, who was a big help with the Father's Day grillin' yesterday. Most of you don't know Stubbs, but then again most of you haven't had a roommate from Texas. That same roommate also introduced me to Mrs. Renfro. Thanks brother!

I meant to comment on this last week, but I love using my E-Z Pass on Delaware roads. They have "Express E-Z Pass" Lanes where you only have to slow down to 65 mph, as opposed to 10 mph on the turnpike. It's great!

I got a great business idea for the Central Pennsylvania area: Mister Softee

Yesterday in church, the pastor gave a message titled "What Every Husband Wants." The answer of course, is respect. And it's not just husbands that want it, but all men want it. This quote from pastor Phil resonated in my head (in all actuality this is just the second-half of the quote, b/c by the time I started to write it down, I had forgotten the first-half, but the second-half was equally thoughtful.
Men have a tendency to drift away from situations that make them feel inadequate.

Too true. I was thinking about areas or situations that I shy away from. I want to learn how to dance. But I'm only willing to learn in a class of beginners, so that we're all equals. I have a group of friends who really like to play board games. But they play board games that require careful thinking and planning. I'm more the "Creative Cranium" guy than the "Risky RPG-type game" guy (please note, that risky isn't necessarily the best adjective to use, but I was shooting for some top-quality alliteration). And because I don't feel that that type of game is my strongsuit, I stay away. I want to thrive or at least hold my own in any situation that I put myself into. I learned how to play tennis. It didn't work out so well for me. I put down my racquet. I was called a baby. But I didn't thrive in the game of tennis. Perhaps if I ever won a match, I would feel different. But I never won a match. So when I stopped playing, I didn't feel like I had lost anything.

Bottom line, I'm more comfortable when I feel adequate and feel that I'm respected. And perhaps when I'm more comfortable, I'm more productive (socially and otherwise). So if you ask me to do something outside of my comfort-zone, understand that I'm probably only doing it for you, and that if things go awry, I may never do it again.

Now that I've typed all that, it feels incomplete, but I'm not sure how to complete it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home