6.14.2005

The belt only cost $325

I forgot to mention yesterday that while I was at Rehoboth Beach, I was showing my brother-in-law a Dance Dance Revolution-type game. Imagine our suprise when we noticed that there was an active game in progress and nobody playing it. Well, I couldn't let someone else's dollar go to waste, so I jumped on. Remind me to show you my DDR skills sometime. I'm quite, ummm, spectacular.

Tonight, thanks to a friend of mine, I was over at the Giant Center watching a taping of WWE "Smackdown." I'm not even going to link to it. Fake wrestling has always held some sort of place in my heart. I grew up watching it. My dad actually took me to a match when I was in elementary school. My roommate and I traveled out to Philly while we were in school to watch a live match. And I use to watch it all the time. Notsomuch anymore. I was watching events unfold last night and I was thinking to myself: "This is junk." It was the same wrestling that I had seen 20 years ago. The same sequence of events in each match. The same gang-beatings and the same lone wrestler to come out and try and save the guy getting beaten. If you've watched wrastlin', you know what I mean. So I'm watching this match and watching the people. I spent the first few matches up in a suite enjoying some ginger ale. Then I decided that it would be fun to go hang out with the "average fan." What an eye-opener. People are nuts for wrastlin'. The subject heading on today's entry, reflects the price of the World Championship Belt that you could buy. For real. I've always thought wrestling was fun. Now I'm not so sure anymore. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to say anything negative about the people who watch it and buy stuff. But I believe it's something that I grew out of in about three hours tonight.

I think ABC just tried to edit out a chant during the Spurs/Pistons game. You know the one. It starts with "Bull-." Also seen during the game. Stevie Wonder attending the game (not watching, attending) and singing along to "Shout!" And doing hand-motions.

Happy Flag Day.

Forgiveness

1 Comments:

On 15.6.05, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

I tried to watch some wraslin' on TV a few years ago (also to "recapture my youth") - came to the same conclusion but in much less than 3 hours... Also helped me get over it when I saw how excited some adult co-workers got about it, and realized that scared me... But that trip to Philly was SPECTACULAR at the time, baby!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home