10.21.2005

Rain, Rain on my Face

I bought a record last week. I bought White Flag, which is the new record by Shaun Groves. If you thought you knew Shaun Groves, you might want to take a listen to this new record. It's better. What makes this album even more different, is that all the songs are based on the Beatitudes. One of the things I've been enjoying is the imagery that he uses in his lyrics. I thought I would give you the lyrics to the chorus of the title track for you to chew on.
There’s a white flag
Waving where my colors used to fly
You win
There’s a white flag
Giving up and giving all of me – I give in
I’m Yours to reign and to rule
I’m just a fool
With a white flag

And one year ago Friday, I published this. What a difference a year makes..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home