11.04.2005

Because you're mine, I walk the line

Last night, I found myself staring up at the heavens. One of the things I currently enjoy about living out in the country, is that when the sky is clear, you can see about a ka-jillion stars. And these verses from Psalm 8 came to mind:
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? Psalm 8.3-4
And I thought to myself, the God of the Universe, who hung all those stars and planets in the sky, knows me. Not only does He know me, but He loves me something fierce! And I am so totally unworthy of His love and salvation. Last night I was singing "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and this verse hit me:
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
Man, how true is that? All those that are prone to wandering, please raise your hand. I am so unworthy. But thankfully it's not three strikes and your out. I don't have to ever get out. And I am so thankful for that.

We are blessed. Don't ever forget that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home