11.08.2005

Thoughts

I've started reading a new book yesterday. It's called The Hiding Place. Perhaps you've heard of it. It's written by Corrie Ten Boom and is a memoir of Nazi Germany and her experiences. I haven't even gotten through the first chapter yet, but in the intro, I learned something exciting.

The author took three of Corrie's birthdays and wove one five-word phrase through them all. At birth, she was underweight and very frail. Family members doubted that she would make it. But her father had faith. And he stated to everyone that "the best is yet to come." The next birthday was one Corrie experienced while she was in prison. A simple shake of the hand from the prison doctor gave her hope, that "the best is yet to come." And finally on her 91st birthday, as she lay in her bed paralyzed by multiple strokes, she could revel in the fact that "the best is yet to come."

And so it is with me. I was reflecting with a friend on what I had to show for my first thirty years of life. Besides a few worldly achievements, there wasn't much to show. But that's okay. You see, "the best is yet to come" for me. God has a plan for my life. And I still have a lot of life to live. And I will spend my life pursuing that plan and living my life for Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home