1.09.2006

I'm thinking of a word..

Last Friday, I started listening to a sermon series by Lon Solomon. For those of you who don't know (which I expect is all but one of you), Lon is the senior pastor at McLean Bible Church. It just so happened that he was speaking at Frontline. Anywho, I was listening to his series on Esther. I'll be honest, Esther is not a character that I'm real familiar with. In fact, if I was honest, I probably knew very little about her (like knowing that Mordecai was her uncle). But I've really found the series to be enlightening and it's actually motivated me to start reading through the book of Esther. I'm up to the part where Esther has asked Mordecai and the other Jews in his area to fast and pray for three days. I'm not sure whether this is actually the case or not, but I think Esther's story is just one big story of provision. Certainly, her placement as Queen lends credence to that notion, but from what I think I know, there's a whole lot of other providing going on too.

I'll share more as it comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home