12.31.2005

I can't believe I waited so long...

Today after breakfast, a friend and I both decided to venture over to the West Shore Farmers Market. We've both lived in the area for several years but had never been to this market. In a word, this place is awesome.

Fresh fruits, vegatables, meats, cheeses and baked goods. All there and ready for your consumption. I was actually excited to see all the different varieties of stuff available. There were two different cheese vendors who probably had more than 50 different varieties between them. It was at one of these vendors where I tried goat cheese for the first time. I can manage that, but I'll need a rather salty cracker to balance the rather odd taste it has. They also had the meat vendors selling all manners of meat from lamb to turkey to pheasant to pork to chicken. In addition, they had multiple booths offering baked goods in the forms of cookies, breads, bagels, sticky buns and pies. AND, they had a place serving some real good gelato.

All this to say, the West Shore Farmer's Market is worth checking out (if for nothing else then the butterscotch oatmeal cookies). But bring your wallet. Because fresh costs money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home