1.04.2006

January's Focus Scripture

So one of my goals for the new year was to memorize scripture. I thought I would take the opportunity once a month, to share one of the verses that I am trying to memorize and maybe explain a bit about it. So first up for January, is Romans 8.5:
Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires
One of the things I'm trying to work on this year is the practice of not sinning in my thoughts. As a fellow sinner, I'm sure you can imagine how difficult that task can be. Take something like driving. I've gotten pretty good about not verbalizing my feelings towards other drivers. However, I'm still thinking it. And that, is the kind of stuff I'm trying to get away from. So I'm using this verse as a reminder that the more upright I'm living my life, the more my mind will be Godly things, and the less likely my mind will be on sinful things.

Sin is inevitable, but I'm not going down without a fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home