3.15.2006

Spur

Monday night I was doing my devos and I came across this verse:
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
Hebrews 10.24
So I got to thinking, how can I better spur on my brothers and sisters in Christ? Most times I don't feel like I'm in a position to tell them how to live their lives. That they shouldn't really be doing that. Or that they could really be a blessing to somebody if they did this. But I do see areas of their lives that are ripe for development. And I don't necessarily share this information. I'm pretty sure that people don't consider me to be an authority on spiritual matters, and as such, it may be hard for people to believe that I'm trying to encourage and exhort them. They may think that I am actually telling them how to live their life. Which I suppose I am. But I'm trying to do it in love. But I don't know that they can see that. Which brings me to this thought (flimsily disguised as a question):

So how do you spur on your fellow Christian brothers and sisters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home