3.12.2006

An Ode to my small group

This past weekend, I spent the weekend with four rather dear people. These four people are members of my small group. I like these people. Nay, I love these people. We may have different opinions about things, but our one common denominator is Jesus Christ. Sometimes it's easy to be a friend to people you see once a week. But what if you had to see these people for 48 consecutive hours!! If you had the wrong kinda people, it could be disastrous. However, I had the right kinda people. The flexible kind who don't throw things at me when I sing really old CCM. The kind that don't mind waiting a few extra minutes to take a group photo (even though they sigh, just to let me know that they are being put-out). The kind that volunteer to cook meals when they aren't required to, as well as clean-up. The kind of people whose opinions you value and seek. The kind of people you don't mind going out of your way for (even if it means the opposite direction). The kind of people you are more than happy to pray for, encourage and support.

These are good people. And I'm thankful for them.

And if I could do it all over again next weekend, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home