3.02.2006

Remembering

Don Knotts passed over the weekend. He was a funny guy. I always enjoyed watching him, whether it was on The Andy Griffith Show, The Apple Dumpling Gang, or Three's Company. He also appeared in one of my favorite obscure movies, Gus. And he appeared in a series that my nieces currently watch. He seemed to be a genuinely nice guy.

It's rather sad for me, because he's part of the old-school of comedy. People like Carol Burnett and Tim Conway. These are funny folks. These are the people I grew up watching on TV and in movies. But they're getting old. I suppose that happens, but I don't have to like it. I'll take my old-school guys over Drew Carey or anybody on the roster of Comedy Central. Anytime, anywhere. And I take comfort that I'll get to chat up Don when I get to heaven.

2 Comments:

On 2.3.06, Blogger matt declared...

Why would you be able to chat with Don Knotts in heaven? Did I miss something?

 
On 6.3.06, Blogger stephen declared...

Ralph Furley knew Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home