3.01.2006

TAR9 - Episode I

So we had the big two-hour season premiere of The Amazing Race last night. If you haven't seen it yet, please be advised that there are spoilers ahead.

The race started in Denver, CO, specifically in the seating area of the Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Eleven teams of two hit the ground running. Up front, I have to say that my favorite team is David and Lori. They seem to just really enjoy each other and the competition and they haven't belittled each other. My second favorite team is the "Glamizon" team of Lisa and Joni. At the moment, my least favorite team is the team of Eric and Jeremy. They just don't appear to be all that nice.

The teams flew from Denver to San Paolo, Brazil and most of the show took place in Brazil. They did a lot of running around for clues, and we had our first detour. A detour is a choice between two tasks. One task was a helicopter ride to locate a clue. The other task was to put together a motorbike. Incredibly, four teams attempted this difficult task, but only teams actually completed it. The other two teams backtracked to try to accomplish the helicopter ride.

In the end, John and Scott were the last team to arrive and were eliminated. Their taxi ride ended up being disastrous and allowed Lisa and Joni to edge them out.

2 Comments:

On 3.3.06, Blogger Nathan Hackman declared...

I'm a huge TAR fan. I would have posted earlier, but I had it taped and hadn't seen it. I personally can't stand Lisa and Joni. All that grunting, screaming, and the repeated "Oh my God"s grate on me. I do really like David and Lori, probably the most genuine people on the race, and look like they could be competitive too. The "pink" girls also rate very low on my list.

 
On 3.3.06, Blogger stephen declared...

I think the "frosties" redeeming value is their Texas accent. If they were from New York, I would need to mute my television.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home