2.20.2006

Mai Chai

Had two cups of chai this weekend from two different places. Saturday, I had a cup of chai at Barnes and Noble. I think it was just plain chai. If you've been to the B&N in Camp Hill, it's the chai on the left-side of the menu board. It was decent. I also had this oatmeal fudge bar which was really fantastic. Sunday, I tried the chai latte at The Olde Cafe in Hummelstown. It was good, but not great. I am still a little confused about how "latte-ing" a beverage makes it thinner. Is it because the steam waters things down? Whatever, the reason, it didn't seem as thin as the chai latte I had at Borders. They make their own chai blend at the cafe, so maybe that had something to do with it.

So for those of you keeping track at home, this is how my chai ratings currently break down:
The Best - Dayton's Coffee
Second Best - Eat'n Park
Third Best - Barnes and Noble (Starbucks)
Fourth Best - The Olde Cafe
Worst - Borders

2 Comments:

On 20.2.06, Blogger matt declared...

The reason a chai latte is thinner than a regular chai has to do with the amount of cream/milk put in the beverage. A latte has a greater amount of cream/milk in it than a regular chai.

 
On 21.2.06, Blogger stephen declared...

Please unpack that. To me, larger amounts of milk/cream mean a thicker drink. So why does the latte taste thinner? Both of the lattes I've had were thinner than the regular teas I had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home