4.04.2006

Spring - When a young man's thoughts...

turn to the fact that he probably missed out on Red Sox tickets again this year. Nuts!!

Last night, I was at one of my favorite bookstores. I read this magazine, then I read about this city. And then I stumbled onto a book by a guy named Rob Eager. He wrote a book titled Dating with Pure Passion.

I read the first two chapters last night and I just want to mention something that he illuminated for me. He talked about how earthly marriage should be a reflection of the heavenly marriage of Christ and the Church. He talked about gifts, that God the Father has given us because of our marriage. He talked about the fact that because we're married to Christ, we've been given the gift of forgiveness. He went on to talk about the other gifts we've been given, including unconditional acceptance. Then he brought it back around and showed how those gifts should be mirrored in an earthly marriage. It was a really cool insight for me to make a correlation there with the gifts we've been given, and how they should be used in marriage.

Hooray for gifts!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home