5.18.2006

O Lame Saint!

This weekend, I plan on seeing the most-hyped movie of the year. The hype has been hyping for a while now. And finally, The Da Vinci Code is here. Everybody has had their say about it. Now it's my turn.

I read the book a couple of weeks ago. It's an exciting read, filled with mystery and passion. It also makes some statements regarding Christ's divinity as well as commenting on Mary Magdalene's actual relationship to Jesus. The information in the book pertaining to the Church is easily believable. If you don't know better. I know full well, that people will reference this book as fact. Dan Brown even hints to the factuality of ideas presented in the book. And this is what has the Church in an uproar.

I am hear to tell you that this work of fiction has not changed my belief system. But here's what it has done. It's gotten me more interested in church history. It's also renewed my desire to really get into apologetics and know why I believe what I do. This desire originally came out of a lesson I heard Beth Moore give in January 2005. This summer, I want to dig a little deeper into the history of the Church. To learn more about what happened to the Church a century or two after Paul's letters. I just want to be better informed.

So thanks Dan Brown, for picquing my curiosity about Church history.

1 Comments:

On 21.5.06, Anonymous Anonymous declared...

So what did you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home