6.21.2006

You are what you eat.

If you looked at my eating habits today compared to two years ago, you would notice a big difference. Gone are the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits from McDonald's. Gone is my two pop-tart a day habit. Gone is my white bread. In their places, I now eat cereal, granola bars, and whole wheat bread. In hindsight, I'm calling that phase one.

Now comes phase two. I haven't quite figured out the exact plan yet, but I'm hoping to increase my whole grain intake, as well as my vegetable intake. The vegetable aspect will be the toughest because I really don't much care for a lot of vegetables. So I am going to learn to make myself a mean caesar salad. My goal will be to eat salad three times a week, minimum. I should also be eating more fruits, so we're going to see what I can do about that.

Ya know, I was thinking about it, and I bet that most people don't eat right. How many people get their full RDA of 3,500mg of Potassium a day? How many of us are consuming 25g of fiber a day? I know I'm not. I do try to keep the sodium and the fat in check, but sometimes I'm not so successful. But the carbs are the killer. I love potatoes and pasta, so that puts me at a disadvantage, but I try to moderate when possible. I'm having pasta three times this week, but that's only because I made a big batch of it on Saturday (intentionally, of course).

Perhaps tomorrow, I'll talk about eating natural.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home