7.02.2006

Grateful

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to attend a free concert put on by the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra. They did something really neat that I was appreciative of. As they were getting ready to close the concert, they played a medley of all the songs and hymns from the various branches of the armed services. As each song was played, the conductor had the veterans and active members of that service stand up to be recognized. And the audience clapped for them.

I was really grateful for the opportunity to recognize these folks. Sure, it wasn't a big deal. We just clapped. But it was something. And I am always interested in recognizing those who have served our country. And it was good to recognize them. Because I'm grateful for their service and their willingness to serve and protect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home