7.25.2006

I've been thinking about Israel

Something that has been bothering me over the past couple of days, is the statement made by the United States that said something to the effect that a cease-fire would not be good if there wasn't some kind of agreement to back it up. Can someone tell me in what situations a cease-fire would be uncalled for? I can't think of any.

I have been encouraged by our willingness to speak with many of the countries in the region to try and come up with some plan of action. Perhaps if the UN adds some muscle to the Lebanese military forces, they can attempt to keep Hezbollah in check.

I've also been trying to figure out what Israel is hoping to accomplish through this show of military might. I get the feeling at this point in the conflict that Israel's continued response is just fueling the fire at Hezbollah headquarters. And that just makes me wonder if Hezbollah has something bigger planned.

Just some things I've been thinking about..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home