9.15.2006

The red-headed girl

Thursday night a friend and I had the opportunity to go see Kendall Payne play at Messiah College. I've seen her three times now and I've enjoyed each show.

She intro'd one of her songs with an anecdote she heard. It was about a man who was unclear as to what God's calling was in his life. He decided that he wanted to ask Mother Theresa to pray for direction for him. So he went to India to find her. He found her and asked her to pray for him. She refused. But she gave him some advice. She suggested that the next time he prayed, that he ask God to help him trust in Him.

And that really resonated with me. I blogged earlier about the carefree life, and trust is a big component of that. How often do we find ourselves praying and hoping for a specific outcome that we feel is best? And how often do we just let it go and trust God that he'll work it out for us?

Just somethin' to think about it..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home