11.12.2006

Saturday night

It doesn't happen too often, but last night I was lonely. I don't make a habit of putting myself in an environment where my singleness is magnified. But I really wanted to go see Jars of Clay. And I didn't know anybody who was available or interested in attending. So I went by myself. It wasn't super-sad, but it was kinda sad. And I asked myself this question: Where is my princess?

That's how I think of her you know, as a princess. Not a queen, although in my hierarchy they're pretty much equals (but I think ladies would rather be called princesses than queens - although maybe that's why I'm still single). So I was wondering where she was at. I pray for her. Maybe not as often as I should, but I do. And I know my mom and grandma do as well. The catch of course is in the timing. As well as who she is. Hey, maybe it's Reece Witherspoon. That sounds laughable and I'm sure some of you did laugh. But I'm a dreamer. And a lover.

But I'm better today. No less interested in finding my princess, but much more in control of my feelings. I've been reading Psalm 27 over the past couple of days and the last verse of the chapter is a verse I'm going to work on memorizing. Here's what it says:
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
And as much as I'm going to want to do it in my own strength, that's the verse that I'm going to try to apply in my quest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home