1.07.2007

It's not about me

The following isn't a new revelation, but rather a new realization.

I can't do it on my own. That's how it starts. A realization that on my own will and determination, I cannot be a Christ follower. I can attempt to be a Christian, but I cannot be successful.

So why do I try to do so much on my own?

Why do I check God at the door at certain times of my life? Or for certain issues?

I'm not completely sure yet, but I think that pride is part of it. I think I believe there are certain things that I can handle on my own. That I'm strong enough to do it myself. I can handle that temptation myself. I can make this decision without God's guidance. But I can't. I don't have that humility that allows me to step back and decrease, so that Christ may increase. He is ready and willing to come to my aid. But, I have to be ready and willing to say that "Hey, I can't do this by myself. Would you help me?"

And I don't do that often enough. It's definitely something that I have to continue to work on and be deliberate about. I'm going to try a little experiment. Every morning when I wake up, I'm going to say out loud "I can't do it myself." And we'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home